Provide management oversight for all phases of construction projects within given specifications. Ensure that all specifications are being followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare cost estimates, including but not limited to, conceptual estimating for capital presentation to the Board of Directors, design/engineering, encroachments, environmental studies, hard construction, Furniture Fixture Equipment, inspections and plan check.
• Responsible for proper administration of construction and design contracts and for obtaining all necessary permits, licenses and administering filing and document control of all purchase contracts.
• Coordinate all communications with local authorities to insure construction related requirements; permits and codes are assessed and reviewed.
• Oversee performance of all trade contractors and review architectural and engineering drawings to insure specifications and regulations are being followed.
• Manage project communications, project cost controls, spread sheets, cash flow models, project cost loaded schedules, current and committed spend along with all construction accounting tracking.
• Review subcontractor insurance, billing, payment protocol, including but not limited to, all construction related material purchases, records and summaries.
• Responsible for all coordination of construction document plan checking, RFI, submittal, RFP requirements.
• Conduct jobsite meetings; administer job site safety, security and quality control program.
• Perform pre-punch inspections & corrections.
• Obtain operation manuals and warranties.
• Establish and maintain appropriate and timely written communications throughout the life of the project, through effective use of project information reports, team meeting notes, project charts, including but not limited to project files.
• Manage all post construction including performing start-up and training, presenting and managing recommended maintenance and conduct eleventh-month warranty inspection
• Coordinate with Casino management to insure minimum impact on Casino operations during any construction project.
• Team Members are expected to work holidays and weekends.
• Provide prompt, courteous guest service at all times following the casino’s guest service standards.
• Participate in and support all guest service training programs.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Five (5) years experience in construction project management.
• Five (5) years of managerial or supervisory experience required; experience in oral and written presentations.
• Excellent interpersonal, guest service, leadership, communication, analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills are required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Drivers License
CORE COMPETENCIES: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Ability to multitask on several projects at the same time.
• Proven Leadership Ability
EQUIPMENT, MACHINERY, TOOLS AND MATERIAL UTILIZATION:
Maintenance tools and equipment
Must be computer literate
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employed to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to work any and all hours/days and be able to rotate shifts if required.
• Must be able to work in pressure situations to meet deadlines.
• Must have the ability to think quickly and make good decisions using his knowledge and experience.
• Must be proficient in the use of computers and necessary software programs for his position.
• Must be organized and be able to complete projects in a timely manner.
• Ability to handle conflict situations with professionalism.
• Must be able to walk, stand or sit for long periods of time.
• Walking, climbing, and walking fast maybe required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is characterized as an office setting, where computers and standard office equipment will be supplied and used as a part of the job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but in Machine rooms and Plant requires hearing protection. The immediate work environment is smoke free; however a smoking environment does exist in the building.
Primary Area/Areas in which duties are performed: All locations of the property.
Access To and/or Maintenance of Confidential Information:
Records pertaining to building infrastructure and plans and confidential human resource information.
Complete access to secured areas with necessary planning and authorization for access to sensitive areas, such as, the cage, team resources and surveillance.